For the Week of March 9 - 13
- Prayer Assembly -3M
- No Foundation Meeting!
- School Advisory Committee Meeting @ 7:00 PM - Childcare provided - ALL PARENTS WELCOME!
- Hot Lunch- Super Chili
- Hot Lunch - Meatballs and Mashed Potato
- Spellathon Test!!!
- Telus Wise - Internet Safety Presentation
- Grade 5/6 Period 4
- Grade 1-4 Period 5 (Junior University)
- Alberta Opera - ‘Rumplestiltskin’ @1:00pm all Parents Welcome
Principal Blog UPDATED: http://josepddumont.blogspot.ca/
- St. Martin’s Newscast is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mLjOiIc8xw
- Spellathon is HERE! Be sure to have your kids study their words and ask for pledges. This fundraiser will be going to our Kitchen renovation project. We are hoping to make this a BIG fundraiser and we need your help in promoting and encouaging the success of this event! The spelling test is this Friday morning! All pledge sheets and money due March 18th. Thank you so much for your help!
- Celebration of Learning - this year’s Celebration of Learning will be held on March 25 and 26. If you are seeking a formal interview please make arrangements. Otherwise all parents are asked to bring their children in between 4 and 7 PM on either evening to spend time chatting about their child’s growth as a learner!
- Kindergarten Open House will be in Match 25th as well - any parents interested in enrolling their child in Kindergarten for September are encouraged to come to our event at 7:00 PM.
- A Fun March Madness Fundraiser for Parents and Staff:
Welcome to March Madness at St. Martin’s school!
With some exciting college basketball fast approaching, St.Martin’s Foundation is offering you a chance to win up to $250 while raising money for your school! Please note the following:
- No basketball knowledge is required!
- The tournament begins on March 19th, therefore please submit all completed brackets by Wednesday, March 18th. A brackets will be available on Monday March 16th to be completed. Participants can pick it up at the school or download it from the school blog, then complete it and submit by the 18th.
- All tournament results will be posted online. Upon submitting your picks for the winning teams, an e-mail will be sent to you to access the results. Feel free to check in after each round to see where you are in the ranks!
- Cost for each entry will be $10. Cash or cheque made payable to St. Martin’s Foundation will be accepted.
- One point will be awarded for each winning team in the first round, two in the second round and so forth for all six rounds of the competition.
- The individual with the highest point total will be awarded 50% of the tournament proceeds, up to a maximum prize of $250. In the event of a tie for the win, please provide a guess for the total number of points to be scored in the national championship. Example: 68-63=131 total points.
Get your neighbours and relatives in on the competition! Additional brackets can be e-mailed or delivered to the school by contacting Ashley Bodnarchuk at email@example.com. Let the competition begin...
March 17 St. Patrick’s Day
March 19 & 20 Grade 4 Trip to Drumheller
March 23 Boston Pizza Day
March 25 Kindergarten Open House @ 7:00
March 25 & 26 Celebration of Learning, Book Fair
Quote: "Although the life of a person is in a land full of thorns and weeds, there is always a space in which the good seed can grow. You have to trust God.” - Pope Francis