Week at a Glance for May 4 - May 8
Mental Health Week
- Prayer Assembly - 4CH
- Boston Pizza Day
- Savvy Seniors and Wiz Kids from 12:15 - 1:15
- Saint Dunk 5/6 Basketball 3:15 - 4:15
- Subway Forms Due
- Grade 5 Swimming
- Safire - Motivational Speaker @ 10:00 AM (for Mental Health Week)
- Safire - Motivational Speaker @ 6:30 PM - Community Presentation- all are welcome
- Early Dismissal Day - 1:55
- Spirit Day - Hats On for Mental Health
- Hot Lunch - Chef Salad
- Grade 6 Dare Program
- Junior University
- Flowers & Bulb pick up
- Guest School Band Presentation @ 9:00 AM
Link to the Monster Run Brochure - http://stmartins.eics.ab.ca/images/Monster_Run.pdf
- This week we celebrate Mental Health!! We have a community event at our school on Tuesday night - all are welcome. Show starts at 6:30. See some info about the presentation here - http://www.canadianschoolpresenters.com/safire.html. We are also looking for adult volunteers to assist in stage setup (8:45-9:45 on Tuesday and Wednesday to put the stage away). Please email Mr. Dumont at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help).
- May 5th is election day!!! Be sure to exercise your democratic right by voting in the provincial election. Good luck to all candidates.
- This Wednesday we have Spirit Day - wear your favourite hat for “Hats On for Mental Health Day”.
- Thanks to the Vegreville Daycare for running programming for our students who needed childcare last Friday. The feedback from kids and parents was very positive.
- Thanks to Veg Al Drug for presenting the “Big Cig” presentation for our students in grade 4-6 last week - great job!!
- Last Thursday was Mom’s night in Kindergarten and we had a great turnout. Thank you to all of our amazing Kindergarten Mom’s and staff who were able to come out to make the evening a great event.
May 11 School Advisory Meeting @ 7:00; Foundation at 6:00
May 13 Grade 6 PAT LA Exam
May 15 No School
May 18 Victory Day - No School
May 22 Hot Dog Day
Quote: Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education. - F.D.R.