Week at a Glance for June 8 - 12
- Prayer Assembly - 1/2B- FCSS will be presenting summer program information at assembly
- Whole School Photo - outside after prayer assembly.
- Dare Program Grade 6
- Grade 3 and 4 Rec Swim
- Olympian Presentation - PM - see below for schedule
- Grade 1 Recreation Swim
- Jump Rope for Heart Envelope Due
- Kindergarten to Cha Cha Critters!
- Community Service Group 3:00 - 4:30
- Kindergarten to Jurassic Forest - both classes
- Penny Carnival - all proceeds will go to charity!!!
- Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog Day
- Relay for Life
Principal Blog: http://josephdumont.blogspot.ca - Laugh It Up Fuzzball
- This week the exterior doors by the gym will be closed. This is due to the roofing project currently underway. We ask that all students, staff and parents access the school from the front doors as an alternative. Thank you and if you have any questions, please contact Mr. Dumont.
- This past two weeks was the busiest of the year. We had many field trips and special events in our school. Thank you to all of our students who have really represented St. Martin’s in such a positive way when out of the school or when they have had guests in our building. Huge thanks to our many amazing parent volunteers as well as our fabulous staff who take the extra time to plan and organize these engaging experiences for their students :)
- This Tuesday St. Martin’s will host an Olympian!!! We will have our grade 1-4 come to the gym for his presentation at 1:15 and our grade 5 and 6 along with St. Mary’s 7-9 will hear his presentation at 2:00. The Olympian’s name is Neville Wright and he is a bobsledder - http://olympic.ca/team-canada/neville-wright/. His message is all about perseverance in the face of hardship!!!
- Last week Mrs. Deal organized a living Rosary activity and all of our students participated. It was a very positive and reflective event for our students, and helped to teach our students about prayer - specifically the Rosary. Thank you for organizing and leading the event Mrs. Deal and all staff.
June 15 AMA Training
June 17 - 22 Grade 6 Provincial Achievement Exams
June 18 Grade 1 to the Ukrainian Village
June 23 Grade 6 Farewell
June 24 Mass at St. Martin’s Church @ 9:00
Quote: "Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” - Julie Andrews