Week at a Glance for June 27 - 29
The Final WAAG of the Year!
- No Prayer Assembly
- Grade 1-3 Bowling
- Grade 4 - 6 Swimming 10 - 12
- Prayer Assembly - Student Government @ 1:00
- Awards and End of School Farewell
- Report Cards go home!!
Wednesday - Summer Holidays Officially Begins!!
Friday - Canada Day!!
Principal Blog Update: All I Really Need to Know, I Learned at St. Martin’s http://josephdumont.blogspot.ca/
- Parents are welcome to attend the final prayer assembly on Tuesday, It will be starting just after 1 p.m.
- Huge thanks to our Student Government for last week’s Talent Show - they did a great job as did our amazing performers.
- Big thanks to our 2YB class who were singing for our seniors last week - they loved the visit!
- Great job to Mrs. Cheremshynski and all of our students in their Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser last week.
- Thank you to our many bus drivers who have volunteered their time on field trips this year. Your commitment helps us to keep field trip costs dramatically lower! Thank you so very much.
- Big thanks to all of our parent/grandparent, auntie volunteers who have been so amazing at helping our school do such important work with our students. We are blessed to have such a supportive parent/guardian community! May God Bless all of our volunteers :)
- For any students who miss their report cards on Tuesday, please pick them up on Wednesday if at all possible. Otherwise you will need to wait until August.
- The Days Off School Program will be operating this year in the school during the summer. If you would like to register your child, call Brandice at 780-603-4417.
- Please come pick up any lost and found items - they are all set up by the gym!
- Report Cards go home on Tuesday with a letter stating your child’s homeroom teacher for next year. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s placement, you may address on August 22 or 23rd with Mr. Coles or Mrs. Sorochan. Our school’s philosophy is that we will not change a student placement for a teacher request. We believe all of our staff to be highly skilled in their profession. Thank you.
- We also welcome Mr. Dan Coles to our school as the principal next year. Mr. Coles has been an assistant principal at St. Martin’s in the past. He knows the school community very well and he is a passionate educator. See his open letter here.
August 22 & 23 Office is Open at St. Martin’s
August 23 Party at the Playground for new students and their families
August 26 & 29 Staff Return to School
August 30 First Day of School for Students
August 30 - Sept 2 Kickstart to Kindergarten
September 5 Labour Day - No School
September 7 Early Dismissal - Spirit Day
Quote: “We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we've established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile.” - Earl Nightingale